Friday, March 14, 2008

Sly Mommy and the Squishy Squashy Mac and Cheese

One thing that I've noticed about toddlers, especially those about 2 is that the more they like a food, the more the food covers their face. I think that they are in such a hurry to stuff the food into their mouth that they can't help but get it everywhere. Today was no exception.

My favorite part about today's lunch was my own slyness. Jon-Jon hates veggies. He'll eat some fruit, but vegetables never cross his lips. So a couple of weeks ago, I started getting sneaky. I would put squash in the macaroni and cheese. Today I pureed a whole bunch of squash, then added about 1 1/2 cups of the pureed squash into the mac and cheese. Then to make it even better, I added a cup of shredded mozzarella. I tried it, and it be truthful, I couldn't taste the squash over the powdered cheese flavoring. Jon couldn't eat it fast enough. He ate 3 helpings of the stuff. The first bowl, he ate with his spoon, but the 2 and 3rd helpings he just crammed in with his hands. Adam also enjoyed his, but not to the same extent. Unfortunately, the pictures don't do justice to the amount of squishy squashy mac and cheese that was all over Jon-Jon's face.

Oh, on a completely different note.... It's snowing again. *sigh*

No comments: