The rain I had hoped for descended upon us in the form of 6 more inches of snow. *sigh* Several schools north of us couldn't even get their students home yesterday afternoon and evening, so the teachers and children had a sleep over at the schools. I have to think that I wouldn't allow my children to do that. If I couldn't drive there, I would brace myself up and walk. I think that the children would handle a long snowy walk better than being abandoned over night at the school. Of course, it helps that our school is only 1/2 a mile away. Our school district has never had a snow day during the 12 years Eric has taught. They closed the school to students once when the water main at his school broke, but teachers were required to come in for a half day. They were told to "hold it" since all of the water was turned off. *sigh*
Have a great Valentine's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment