Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Just a Wednesday.

Just wanted to post weight loss updates. Eric is down 2 and I have moved past a small plateau to lose another 2 pounds. So far I've lost 9 and Eric's lost 7. Woo-Hoo! My own personal goal is to lose one pound a week for a year. It's been 5 weeks so far. I've discovered that the cravings for sweets are so much more controllable now. Now I'm working on the snacking cravings. In the past, when I would read, I would look up and have a big snack. *sigh* I wouldn't even remember getting it. Yes, I know ... not a good thing. So sometimes, that urge to snack just hits me and I work on fighting it off. Another thing that has helped me was reading the Church's guide to addictive behaviors. They created a 12 step program for addictions. It was really interesting to read it and apply parts of it in my own life.

I think, in spite of the above, that the hardest part is the discouragement. Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and the adversary whispers in my ear that my goal is impossible, that I will never be able to lose all of this extra weight. I am so thankful for the love and support of my friends and family, especially Eric who is taking this journey with me. I'm so grateful for a Savior who understands.

When I emailed Eric earlier, I mentioned that I was really needing a grown-up person to talk to today, so anyone who reads this post gets to hear all of my thoughts and feelings. Thanks :)

No comments: