Eric left yesterday morning at 6 am to go to Helaman's camp. He will be home on Saturday. Yesterday, we got a little slower start, Emma had Activity Days and then we went to Wal-Mart to buy groceries and yard stuff. Some day, we will be able to mow the yard. It's has rained every day for the last two weeks. We bought a pizza for lunch. After watching TV and playing Wii, Mom decided that it was time to "unplug" so I went out to the garage and put the new training wheels on Adam's bike. The kids biked to the park (Jon couldn't get his bike figured out yet) and I walked with Jon. We played there until the rain came again. We got home quickly. Adam helped me make spaghetti for dinner, then Braden left for Scouts. The younger children all got baths and then we watched some cartoons until it was time for family prayers and scriptures. At that point, Jon-Jon went into meltdown because he wanted to play the Wii. He screamed himself to sleep in my arms while we finished our family devotional. The other kids took books to bed, and I exercised before my Primary Presidency meeting.
Today, I've declared "Wii-free." The kids got up and did their jobs and we went to the movie theater for the summer movie program at the Provo Towne Theatre. We watched "Hoodwinked," which I don't ever remember seeing previews for. It ended up being a spoof of the "Red Riding Hood" fairy tale, and I found parts amusing. The kids really liked it, especially Granny. It wasn't bad since I only paid $1 a ticket. After the movie, we rushed to the Springville Library to catch the magician. Magic Mont did a "I love reading" show that was cute and the kids enjoyed. So, right now, I'm taking a break, so that I can regroup and re-strengthen my resolve to keep the Wii off. I've kept the TV off so far, but I think Braden and his friend Nate are going to watch a movie this afternoon. I'm going to try and convince them to watch "Condorman," an old Disney movie that I recently bought on DVD.
Eric and I have yet again resolved to get back on our program from last year. When I weighed in this morning, I had lost 4 pounds. That made me feel great. The exercise was so worth it, even though I was mentally struggling last night to do it. :) Wish me luck and if you have any great ideas of things to with children during the rain *sigh* and that are inexpensive I would LOVE to hear them.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment