Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It Pays to Read

The kids' school does a reading program. Every month, the children in the school who have read over a certain number of minutes (per grade) are put into a drawing for the "It Pays to Read" Assembly. The chosen children get to shoot baskets for money. The child shoots the first basket, and then 4 teachers are chosen to shoot the others. The first basket is worth $1, the second $2 and so on, up to $15.

Well, at the last assembly, Adam's name was drawn but he couldn't participate because his class was doing their Christmas Program for the families at the same time. So today, Mr. Rowe, the principal, called Adam and his class down so he could have his turn... The grin at the bottom tells all. "Mom, I got $15"


3 comments:

jandhjohnson said...

yea Adam! :-)

Heidi said...

Well I guess you have a basketball star on your hands!

MyKidsMom said...

Good job, Adam! Also, good job Sarah, I love the new look of your blog:)