Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekend in Review

On Friday, Eric took Braden and Emma to Arizona for the Willyerd Grandchildren Christmas Dinner. Jon and Adam stayed home with me. We watched Kung Fu Panda, until Jon and Adam started the karate chopping thing on Mom. Adam had a field trip to BYU to see a Christmas tree display. Karen invited to go with her to a living nativity in Alpine that night where we got to pet camels, sheep, goats and a donkey. Adam says that the best part was the real Baby Jesus. Karen got some really cute pictures which I will post as soon as she emails them to me.

Saturday, Rachel watched the kids and I went to the baptism of my friend's daughter. The three of us Ferrins went to McDonald's for dinner. After that we went home for baths and a round of Dr.Seuss DVDs. Karen then came over after the kids were in bed so we could watch "The Slipper and The Rose." We ate nachos and M&Ms and had a great time.

Church today was a little hectic... OK, I take that back. It was a lot hectic. The copier machine at the church didn't work so I had to run home after Primary started to make copies for my sharing time. Primary just seemed to be a little crazy. Now we are home and the two boys are playing downstairs while I have a time out. We leave for the airport soon to pick up Eric and the big kids.

The weekend turned out better than I supposed it would. Jon recovered so quickly, only the mornings were rough. He seemed to be in more pain first thing in the morning, but by today he wasn't complaining about "Owie Mouth" anymore. It will be nice to be together as a family again. I miss Eric, Braden and Emma.

1 comment:

David and RaieGene Robison Family said...

Sounds like you keep yourself busy. It so great to have good friends, to hang out with.