The following is a true story.
I had just finished bringing in the groceries and I was about to close the garage door. Jon-Jon was playing on the scooters in the garage. I pushed the button and noticed that Jon ran over to the door to check it out. I called to him to stop since I was worried that he would get squished by the door or at least get a finger pinched. I didn't expect the reality. He grabbed the bottom lip of the door when it was about to touch bottom. The sensor stopped. I breathed a sigh of relief. Then the garage door started reversing. Jon kept hold of the door. I was too astonished to do anything while the door lifted my two year old up to the ceiling. I thought surely the door would stop (it didn't), then I thought surely the boy would let go (he didn't), then I worried that he would let go and fall. I ran over and grabbed him. He looked a little wide eyed, but during the whole experience, he only called out, "Mom, Mom" in a tone that implied that he was a little unsure of the situation, but not at all in a panic. *sigh*
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Of all the possible outcomes that came to mind, I can honestly say, that particular option NEVER occurred to me.
I think that Jon Jon is really going to give yo a run for your money. I can't wait to se what he does as a teenager!
Post a Comment